Raila Odinga urges President Ruto to withdraw the 2023 Finance Bill and asks to the Kenyan people for forgiveness. If his demands are not met, he has promised to rally and overthrow the kenya Kwanza government
The Azimio leader is calling on President William Ruto to drop the finance bill with possible solution that would lower the cost of living across the country.
Hi reader, support us by providing your reviews about this blog, send us your recommendation here email@example.com
Solutions include given by Raila include:
1. End corruption and theft of public resources and seek to finance development
2. ODM leader Urges the President to introduce zero-based budgeting without reference to other budgets implemented by his then predecessors.
3. Asked the president to downsize the government, claiming that the excess workforce is putting pressure on the economy.
4. Instead of cutting the planned budget and introducing new taxes, the head of state should close all the loopholes that lead to lost revenue. The appointment of a Chief Executive (CAS) was wrong, equates to the state living beyond its means and should be abolished.
5. He advised the president to “restrict non-essential domestic and international travel by state employees.”
6. To stop duplicating the roles and responsibilities of counties or claiming that the Department of Health absorbs the majority of government revenue but that health is a decentralized function.
Ask Ruto to humble himself and withdraw this bill, to apologize and forgive the Kenyans for the horror he caused then, and to start over.
Raila Odinga says the economic downturn has been engineered in the state legislature and presidential palace for the past eight months or so
DO YOU HAVE ANY BREAKING NEWS, STORIES OR TOPICS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH MILLIONS OF KENYANS? BECOME OUR MOBILE REPORTER, SUBMIT YOUR NEWS, STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS AT MYSTORY@GOLDEN.CO.KE, AND SEE IT PUBLISHED IN MINUTES